Lightroom June 2018 Updates Released. Includes Preset Syncing for CC
Adobe today released a set of updates for the various versions of Lightroom. This includes Lightroom Classic, Lightroom CC and the various mobile versions. One of the key features in the CC version of Lightroom is something that people have been requesting for a long time, and that is the ability to sync presets across devices running Lightroom CC.
I haven’t had a chance to try the new versions yet, as the news only broke today, and I’m not lucky enough to be one of those people who get advance notice and beta versions, but as soon as I have a chance to test out the changes I will give you a thorough review. For now, here are some of the key features:
- Manage Presets and Profiles. This new functionality allows you to hide presets and profiles and whole groups. This basically allow you to turn on and off presets (well, hide them) without having to uninstall them.
- Add Colour Labels to Folders
- HIEC Image support on MacOS High Sierra
- Auto Stack HDR and Panorama. This basically stacks the images that you used to create a panorama or HDR after you merge them in order to clean up your view.
- New Camera / Lans support and buy fixes.
Lightroom CC (Desktop and Mobile)
- Sync Presets and Profiles across all versions of Lightroom CC (Not with Lightroom Classic though) and across all of your devices
- Presets can now be created on mobile versions
- Batch copy and paste settings on the desktop version
- iOS version gets chromatic aberration removal (Finally!)
For the full details see this blog post on Adobe’s official blog.
Help Support the Blog
This blog is pretty much my day job now and I work to bring you my own take on photography, both tutorials and tips, as well as inspiration from my own art. I support this work, and my YouTube channel entirely either via sales of my eBooks and Lightroom presets, or the kind support of my readers. (I also have one affiliate ad). Running all this isn’t cheap, and so If you like what you see and you want to help keep this all going, there are a number of ways you can do so:
You can support me on Patreon. If you like what I do here and find the information useful, then you can help by subscribing to me on Patreon. As well as helping keep this blog going with even more useful news, tips, tutorials and more, members also get special Patreon only feed, which gives you behind the scenes content, as well as monthly downloads (for the top tier), for only €2 or €5 a month Stop by and check it out.
Buy me a coffee / Tip Jar. If you want to support the blog but don't want to sign up for Patreon, you can buy me a coffee via PayPal with a one off donation to my PayPal tip jar.
You can also show support by buying something from my from my Digital Download Store where I have Lightroom Presets, and e-books available for download. If you're a Fuji X-Trans shooter and Lightroom user, check out my series of Fuji Guides. For Sony Alpha shooters I have a guide with tips on how to get the best from processing your A6000 Images in Lightroom.
If you like this post then you can see more of my work on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. I also have a YouTube channel that you might like. You should also check out my other Photography Project: The Streets of Dublin. If you want to get regular updates, and notices of occasional special offers, and discounts from my store, then please sign up for the Newsletter.