This should be Fuji’s New Kit Lens
If you’ve been following his blog for a while You’ll know that I previously posted about wanting a 24-105 (in full frame terms) equivalent for Fuji for sometime. They previously previewed the 16-80mm lens a while ago and put it in the roadmap, but now they've officially announced the launch date and the full specs of it.
To be honest, I don’t really care about the majority of the specs. I really don’t need to know how many elements are in it, or how many aspherical elements it has. I’m sure that information is per important to some people. I just want to know what the pictures it takes look like. The thing I was most interested in is the price, and it seems to be somewhat reasonable at $799. It has an impressive (on paper) 6 stops of stabilisation and with a constant f/4 aperture it should be a pretty good lens. Of course I’d need to try it personally before I would decide if it’s good or not. I do think that Fuji should start shipping this as their kit lens with the high end cameras, instead of the 18-55. It’s a much more suitable lens for this purpose, and would be similar in range to Canon’s 24-105 and Nikon’s 24-120. (It’s exactly 24 to 120).
It’s due out in September. I don’t know if I’lll buy one or not, but I will try and rent one to do a review if I can. In the mean time Fuji Rumors has a good roundup of coverage of the Lens.
Help Support the Blog
This blog is pretty much my day job now and I work to bring you my own take on photography, both tutorials and tips, as well as inspiration from my own art. I support this work, and my YouTube channel entirely either via sales of my eBooks and Lightroom presets, or the kind support of my readers. (I also have some affiliate ads). Running all this isn’t cheap, and so If you like what you see and you want to help keep this all going, there are a number of ways you can do so:
- If you’re interested in buying Capture One but haven’t yet bought your own copy yet, then by going through my affiliate link I’ll get a small commission!
- You can buy any of my Capture One Styles through my online store!
- If you’re buying anything on Amazon, you can help by using my affiliate link: Amazon US or Amazon UK.
- You can support me on Patreon. If you like what I do here and find the information useful, then you can help by subscribing to me on Patreon. As well as helping keep this blog going with even more useful news, tips, tutorials and more, members also get special Patreon only feed, which gives you behind the scenes content, as well as monthly downloads (for the top tier), for only €2 or €5 a month Stop by and check it out.
- Buy me a coffee / Tip Jar. If you want to support the blog but don't want to sign up for Patreon, you can buy me a coffee via PayPal with a one off donation to my PayPal tip jar.
You can see more of my photography and keep up to date by following me on social media and checking out my other websites: