My Wishlist for the next Fuji X-Pro 2 Firmware Update
Fuji Rumors has been detailing what they believe to be a major firmware update coming to the X-Pro2, possibly as soon as this week. The big feature slated to be announced is that Fuji will bring 4K video to the camera. I really hope this turns out to be true, and I will be delighted if it is the case. I do have a few other things that I would like to see along with the release too, so here is my relatively modest wish list.
Most of what I would like to see has to do with video, and some of this is already available on the X-T2, so it would stand to reason that some of these could make their way to the X-Pro 2 as well.
- Ability to change picture settings for video. This is one of the things that I find most frustrating about video on the X-Pro2 currently. Any changes to sharpness, noise reduction, shadow tone and highlight tone are ignored by the camera when shooting video. This isn’t the case on the X-T2 as far as I’m aware, so please, Fuji, allow this not he X-Pro 2 also.
- Ability to switch between the viewfinder and the screen when shooting video. Currently, once you press record, you’re stuck with whichever you were using.
- A flatter profile for video. It doesn’t have to be Log, but something that optimises the picture profile for video shooting. Or enable F-Log for internal shooting.
- Highlight Clipping Warning or Zebra Pattern. Some form of on-screen highlight clipping warning would be really nice - not just for video but also for stills.
- 4K Timelapse. Built in option to shoot at intervals and assemble the shots directly into a movie. Several other cameras from different manufacturers can already do this.
That’s pretty much it. I don’t have a lot of requests, and I don’t think any of these are too outlandish. Just today Fuji Rumors is reporting that tethering support will be coming too, and I know that’s a big request for a lot of people.
Help Support the Blog
I’m now on Patreon. If you like what I do here and find the information useful, then you can help by supporting me on Patreon. As well as helping keep this blog going with even more useful news, tips, tutorials and more, members also get special Patreon only perks. Stop by and check it out.
If you like this post then you can see more of my work on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. I also have a YouTube channel that you might like. You should also check out my other Photography Project: The Streets of Dublin. If you want to get regular updates, and notices of occasional special offers, and discounts from my store, then please sign up for the Newsletter.
You can also show support by buying something from my from my Digital Download Store where I have Lightroom Presets, and e-books available for download. If you're a Fuji X-Trans shooter and Lightroom user, check out my guide to post processing X-Trans files in Lightroom. I also have a guides for processing X-Trans files in Capture One and Iridient Developer. For Sony Alpha shooters I have a new guide with tips on how to get the best from processing your A6000 Images in Lightroom.