What I’ve been doing on Patreon (Shameless Plug)
I’ve been running my Patreon membership for a couple of months now, and so far there’s been a fairly good response. It was kind of hard to explain what it was going to be when I fist started it, and even for myself, it was hard to exactly figure out what it was going to be. Now that it’s been up for a few months, I thought I’d share some of the details of what I’ve been doing on the channel, or page, or whatever you call it!
I’ve had a number of different posts, across various different topics, and these have included free presets, excerpts from my upcoming book, editing videos and so on. Here’s some of the more popular things that I’ve shared on Patreon over the last few months:
- Lightroom Presets: Night Kit A set of Lightroom presets for grading images shot at night.
- Fuji book extract: The Street Photography Monochrome Look - An excerpt from my upcoming Fuji Jpeg book.
- Fuji Landscape Sharpening Actions for Photoshop - Some photoshop actions for sharpening Fuji files.
- Editing Video: How to blend Presets together using Lightroom and Photoshop A video tutorial on how to blend two different Ligthroom presets together using photoshop
- The Challenges of Working Freelance in Ireland right Now - An editorial piece on what it’s like working in Ireland as a freelance designer and photographer at the moment.
- Fuji Jpeg Book Extract: Shadow and Highlight Tone - Another excerpt from my upcoming Fuji Jpeg Book
- Industrial Iron LUTS (Beta) - LUT versions of my industrial iron presets - a work in progress.
- How to use the Image recognition based search in Apple Photos - What it says in the title!
- Editing Video: Editing a Photo Walk shoot - How I go about editing a photo walk in Capture One - the complete process from start to finish.
- Lightroom Quick Tip: Use negative dehaze to add mist
- Lightroom Presets: Autumn Gold - A free set of presets that I’ve been working on.
To give you an idea of some of the exclusive videos, here are two of the “Editing” videos that I’ve made, which are normally for members only:
I’m really grateful to those who’ve subscribed already, and if you’re interested, you can check it out here. You can sign up for any length of time and cancel whenever you want. You support helps me make more content, as it means I can fund things like my book projects and so on.