Mastin Labs announces Support for Capture One with new Style Pack
Mastin Labs, which is a popular creator of Lightroom Presets has announced a new style pack for Capture One bringing their Kodak film emulation presets to Phase One’s software. Here’s what the press release says:
For the first time, Capture One users will be able to enjoy the richness, character, and timelessness of real film photography that Mastin Labs delivers through its beautifully faithful film styles. “I’m so happy to collaborate with Capture One, and excited to bring everything loved about Mastin Labs to this uniquely powerful platform,” said Kirk Mastin. The collaboration will marry the power and precision of Capture One with the timeless quality and simplicity of Mastin’s film packs, and launches with Mastin’s most popular and versatile film pack ever, the Kodak Everyday Original styles pack.
Mastin Labs Kodak Everyday Styles Pack is ideal for weddings, landscapes, road trips off the beaten path, authentic moments with your friends, and anywhere life takes you on your everyday journey.
The Kodak Everyday Original style pack features three iconic films:
Kodak Gold 200
Prized for its deep golden tones and glowing highlights Kodak Gold 200, is pure nostalgia, ideal for your personal and family photos.
Kodak Ektar 100
With its cool shadows and warm highlights, Ektar 100 is made for adventure, and Kirk Mastin’s favourite for exotic travel photos and lush landscapes.
Kodak Tri-X 400
Prized by photojournalists for its versatility and sophistication, Tri-X 400 is a B&W film that has captured some of the most important moments in history.
These styles provide photographers, professional and enthusiast alike, with the genuine looks of all three seminal film stocks, and with their release Mastin Labs film looks become the only high-end film emulations to span all three major platforms.
Unique to the Capture One platform, Mastin Styles Packs come with an optional custom workspace, to make for a uniquely dedicated and fluid workflow.
Mastin Labs Kodak Everyday Styles Pack for Capture One is available now in the Mastin Labs e-store for $99
They sent me a copy to test and I’ll have a full review soon. My initial reactions are that they are pretty accurate, but they seem expensive given what’s in the pack. Then again, maybe I’m just way too cheap with my styles! Either way, I hope this is the start of more creative options being available for Capture One. I know the Lightroom versions of these are talked about a lot by people and are highly regarded, and these seem pretty accurate, at least in my initial testing.
I’ll have more on these soon, with some proper testing and a demo video. For now, if you’re a Capture One user, check them out on their website.
Help Support the Blog
This blog is pretty much my day job now and I work to bring you my own take on photography, both tutorials and tips, as well as inspiration from my own art. I support this work, and my YouTube channel entirely either via sales of my eBooks and Lightroom presets, or the kind support of my readers. (I also have some affiliate ads). Running all this isn’t cheap, and so If you like what you see and you want to help keep this all going, there are a number of ways you can do so:
- If you’re interested in buying Capture One but haven’t yet bought your own copy yet, then by going through my affiliate link I’ll get a small commission!
- You can buy any of my Capture One Styles through my online store!
- If you’re buying anything on Amazon, you can help by using my affiliate link: Amazon US or Amazon UK.
- You can support me on Patreon. If you like what I do here and find the information useful, then you can help by subscribing to me on Patreon. As well as helping keep this blog going with even more useful news, tips, tutorials and more, members also get special Patreon only feed, which gives you behind the scenes content, as well as monthly downloads (for the top tier), for only €2 or €5 a month Stop by and check it out.
- Buy me a coffee / Tip Jar. If you want to support the blog but don't want to sign up for Patreon, you can buy me a coffee via PayPal with a one off donation to my PayPal tip jar.
You can see more of my photography and keep up to date by following me on social media and checking out my other websites: