Weekend Preset Sale and Some other News
June Preset Sale
To celebrate Summer, and mainly because I feel like it, I’m having a special one weekend sale this weekend on my Lightroom presets. Vivid Extreme is still on its special launch price sale, but for this weekend you can get Monolith, Film Candy and Quicklux for the special reduced price of €10 each (they’re normally €15)
I also want to take this opportunity to thank those who helped out with the various launches, and helped troubleshoot issues. You know who you are!
Speaking of Quicklux, Matt Conti, a photographer and a reader sent me a link to some great Images of Machu Picchu which he processed using Quick Lux. Check out the gallery here and stop by Matt’s site to see the rest of his work.
If you have bought one of my presets and have a gallery or link to some images and you want me to showcase them, please drop me an email with a link and a description, and I’ll post a link.
Lightroom 6 Rumours
There have been some rumours floating around the last few days that Lightroom 6 is about to be launched. Adobe are making some Creative Cloud announcements so you never know. It seems a little odd that they would announce a new version so shortly after adding iPad support in the previous dot release (you would think they would have saved that for a major release) but you never know.
Streets of Dublin Update
My little photography project “The Streets of Dublin” is nearing 5000 followers on Facebook. If you haven’t seen it already, and you are interested in Dublin, or Street Photography (although it’s become more Cityscape photography than street photography really) then please stop by and follow the page! The project also has its own twitter and tumblr pages too. (hint hint)
Random Bits of News from the Web
There’s been some interesting bits of news from around the web over the last week. Here are some of the things that came across my radar that you might have missed:
- DPReview has posted its real world sample gallery from Sony’s remarkable new RX100 mark III. In other RX100 m3 news, the Camera Store TV posted their review of the camera and they loved it.
- If you have Creative Cloud, the latest update allows you to install legacy versions of the Applications, back to CS6 (so, the last version then). Imaging resource has more.
- Peta Pixel has some details of the new features Apple has opened up to developers in the forthcoming iOS 8. It should be a very interesting release as the whole concept of cross app editing should be pretty cool.
- Instagram has new filters. If you’re using Instagram regularly you’ve undoubtedly discovered this already. If not, Wired has more.
- Nasim Manssurov has posted his typically in-depth review of Sigma’s highly praised 50mm f/1.4 Art Lens.
Subscribe and Follow…Please :-)
I still haven’t started the newsletter yet, because the subscriber numbers are still too low, so if you want a digest of some of the things I post regularly here, along with special exclusive information and special offers now and then, please sign up for the (soon to be launched - really) Newsletter.