New Versions of Lightroom Released (August 2018 Updates)
Adobe has released another round of updates to Lightroom across its various versions, and also to Camera RAW for Photoshop. Lightroom Classic features new book module updates, as well as some bug fixes, and the usual camera support. Lightroom CC now features the ability to save Albums for offline editing. Here are some of the key features:
According to the release notes:
• Store an album locally for offline use
Beginning with this release, you can choose to download the photos in an album locally on your computer. Storing an album locally allows you to edit photos from that album even when your computer is offline, for example, when you're traveling somewhere without Internet and want to work on your photos. Edited photos are automatically synced to the cloud whenever you're next connected to the Internet.
• See which albums a photo belongs to • HEIC image files support on Windows • Support for new cameras and lenses
Lightroom Classic CC v7.5 | August 2018
According to the release notes:
Book module enhancements
In this release of Lightroom Classic CC, two new book types (Blurb Magazine and Blurb Trade Book) and a new paper type (Standard Layflat) have been introduced in the Book module.
Upload Presets and Profiles in bulk
This is something that you can file under “about time” - you no longer have to go through a rigmarole for installing presets. You can now import multiple presets and folders of presets as a .zip directly from the interface. I’ll have more details on this soon!
You can import XMP presets and profiles, DCP profiles, and LCP profiles as part of a zip file. However, .lrtemplate presets can't be imported as part of a zip file.
- Touch workspace appears broken (thumbnails missing)
- Preset incorrectly disables Lens Correction
- Preset works all the time with raw files but only some of the time with a JPG file
- Export using percentage results in wrong dimensions
- Crop/Transform overlays are hard to see on lighter images
- Imported movie file is saved to a different folder from capture date and time
- In Book module, the sample text in the layout caption prints as 'Page Text' when exported to a PDF or a Blurb Book
- Turning off Black & White Mix panel changes profile from Adobe Monochrome to Adobe Standard B&W
- Dehaze tool causes lag in develop sliders
- Unable to read multiple metadata fields in CR3 files
- GPU rendering will not complete in Develop mode at Fit/Fill zoom levels
- Replacing an existing preset doesn't work
- Right-click to create new collection will default to the wrong collection set
- Toggling Camera Calibration panel on/off after selecting Camera Matching Profile shows visual difference in Loupe
- Incorrect date-time applied to filename when renaming video files
Updated Camera & Lens Support
- Parrot Anafi
- Sony RX100 VA
- Sony RX100 VI
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 180-400mm f/4E TC1.4 FL ED VR
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 180-400mm f/4E TC1.4 FL ED VR + 1.4x
- Anafi 23mm F2.4
- SIGMA 70mm F2.8 DG MACRO A018
- SIGMA 105mm F1.4 DG HSM A018
- Sony FE 400mm F2.8 GM OSS
- Sony FE 400mm F2.8 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter
- Sony FE 400mm F2.8 GM OSS + 2X Teleconverter
Help Support the Blog
This blog (and my YouTube Channel) are my full time jobs, and are supported entirely by sales of my eBooks, presets and by support from readers like you. If you want to help keep this going then you can do so by…
Buy me a coffee / Tip Jar**. If you want to support the blog, you can buy me a coffee via PayPal with a one off donation to my PayPal tip jar.
You can also show support by buying something from my from my Digital Download Store where I have Lightroom Presets, and e-books available for download. If you're a Fuji X-Trans shooter and Lightroom user, check out my guide to post processing X-Trans files in Lightroom. I also have a guides for processing X-Trans files in Capture One and Iridient Developer. For Sony Alpha shooters I have a new guide with tips on how to get the best from processing your A6000 Images in Lightroom.
If you like this post then you can see more of my work on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. I also have a YouTube channel that you might like. You should also check out my other Photography Project: The Streets of Dublin. If you want to get regular updates, and notices of occasional special offers, and discounts from my store, then please sign up for the Newsletter.